Our tear trough treatment temporarily improves hollows in the upper cheek and under eye area.
Dermal fillers are injected into the desired area to restore volume and rejuvenate your under-eye and upper cheek, providing a soft, natural correction to facial hollows.BEFORE/AFTERCARE
* Prior to your appointment for one week avoid taking any blood thinners such as Aspirin, Advil, Ibuprofen, St. Johns Wort, Omega 3, Vitamin E, Garlic, Gingko biloba, Fish Oil, etc.
*Consuming alcohol should also be avoided for one week prior to your appointment.
Within the first hour of treatment
• Immediately after the treatment, there may be redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, and/or itching near the injection site. Avoid itching, massaging or picking around the injection site. This is normal and generally disappears within a few hours to a few days. If these symptoms last more than 3 days, please contact our office.
• You may use ice to help reduce the swelling.
• You may take acetaminophen (Tylenol) to reduce any pain as necessary but no blood thinners such as (Aspirin, Advil, Excedrin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Omega 3 Fatty Acid, Vitamin E, Ginseng, etc.) should be taken for 24 hours after injection.
Within 24 hours of treatment
• Avoid drinking alcohol or partaking in strenuous activities/exercise.
• After lip fillers, avoid drinking out of a straw, pursing the lips, smoking or any other strenuous lip activities for 24 hours until the lips are settled. Keep your lips relaxed for best results.
• Sunscreen can be applied as well as Vaseline or the Antioxidant Lip Repair by SkinCeuticals on the lips, however, makeup should not be applied until 12 hours after being injected.
• Minimize movement of the treated area(s). However, if there is a visible bump, you can massage the area. Depending on the area treated and the product used, you may feel “firmness”. These areas will soften and settle with time (usually 1-2 weeks).
• Avoid prolonged sun or UV exposure/intense heat in the treated area(s). This includes sunbathing, tanning, saunas, hot tubs, steam baths, or hot wax for two weeks after injection.
• No Dental work 4 weeks prior and 4 weeks after treatment.
Please Contact us Immediately if you experience
• Fever and/ or chills
• If the area appears red, hot to the touch, and “angry” looking
• Severe pain or increasing pain
• Discolored blotches in areas not injected or blanching of injected areas
Dermal Fillers are a group of gel substances which are used in facial aesthetics to contour, add volume or plump up areas where wrinkles and folds have appeared due to aging or scarring
- You will see results instantly; however there may be slight swelling due to the slight tissue trauma.
- Dermal Fillers are long-lasting but not permanent, they usually last between 6-8 months but this can vary
for different individuals.
Schedule a Consultation for Dermal Fillers at QM spa
A: It can be slightly uncomfortable depending on the depth on injection needed. However, an anesthetic cream will be applied prior to aid your comfort.
A: After your consultation the treatment can take about 30 minutes, this includes time for the numbing cream to activate.
A: You could experience short term side effects that include redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising or tenderness at the area of injection.
A: You will see results instantly, however you may experience slight swelling.