Cheek dermal fillers offer a safe and easy alternative to surgery, which can sometimes leave patients swollen for 1-2 weeks. (Final results of surgery may also take up to 2 months to appear.)
Whether you are looking to restore volume lost with age or create fullness that you wish you were born with, dermal fillers are the answer to all of your facial problems. With this technique, we are able to create balance, improve the facial profile, and provide a more youthful look with little downtime and no invasive surgery.BEFORE/AFTERCARE
* Prior to your appointment for one week avoid taking any blood thinners such as Aspirin, Advil, Ibuprofen, St. Johns Wort, Omega 3, Vitamin E, Garlic, Gingko biloba, Fish Oil, etc.
*Consuming alcohol should also be avoided for one week prior to your appointment.
Within the first hour of treatment
• Immediately after the treatment, there may be redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, and/or itching near the injection site. Avoid itching, massaging or picking around the injection site. This is normal and generally disappears within a few hours to a few days. If these symptoms last more than 3 days, please contact our office.
• You may use ice to help reduce the swelling.
• You may take acetaminophen (Tylenol) to reduce any pain as necessary but no blood thinners such as (Aspirin, Advil, Excedrin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Omega 3 Fatty Acid, Vitamin E, Ginseng, etc.) should be taken for 24 hours after injection.
Within 24 hours of treatment
• Avoid drinking alcohol or partaking in strenuous activities/exercise.
• After lip fillers, avoid drinking out of a straw, pursing the lips, smoking or any other strenuous lip activities for 24 hours until the lips are settled. Keep your lips relaxed for best results.
• Sunscreen can be applied as well as Vaseline or the Antioxidant Lip Repair by SkinCeuticals on the lips, however, makeup should not be applied until 12 hours after being injected.
• Minimize movement of the treated area(s). However, if there is a visible bump, you can massage the area. Depending on the area treated and the product used, you may feel “firmness”. These areas will soften and settle with time (usually 1-2 weeks).
• Avoid prolonged sun or UV exposure/intense heat in the treated area(s). This includes sunbathing, tanning, saunas, hot tubs, steam baths, or hot wax for two weeks after injection.
• No Dental work 4 weeks prior and 4 weeks after treatment.
Please Contact us Immediately if you experience
• Fever and/ or chills
• If the area appears red, hot to the touch, and “angry” looking
• Severe pain or increasing pain
• Discolored blotches in areas not injected or blanching of injected areas
- Dermal Fillers are a group of gel substances which are used in facial aesthetics to contour, add volume, or plump up areas where wrinkles and folds have appeared due to aging or scarring
- You will see results instantly, however there may be slight swelling due to the slight tissue trauma.
- Dermal Fillers are long-lasting but not permanent, they usually last between 6-8 months but this can vary for different individuals.
Schedule a Consultation for Cheek Injections
A: It can be slightly uncomfortable depending on the depth on injection needed. However, an anesthetic cream will be applied prior to aid your comfort.
A: After your consultation the treatment can take about 30 minutes, this includes time for the numbing cream to activate.
A: You could experience short term side effects that include redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising or tenderness at the area of injection.
A: You will see results instantly, however you may experience slight swelling.